Question:
Which Outfielder?
C_Bar
2006-04-07 10:24:08 UTC
Who do you like best in a points league: Jeff Francouer, Chad Tracy, Shannon Stewart, or Brad Wilkerson?
Eleven answers:
americanoutlaw
2006-04-07 11:59:18 UTC
I like Shannon Stewart best. He's batting leadoff for the Twins who are a potential playoff team and he has a lot of good hitters behind him in the lineup to knock him in once he gets on base. He can definately help out your team with his over .300 batting average and 100+ runs scored.
Call Me Milton
2006-04-08 08:33:10 UTC
Wilkerson is having a lousy start to the season, and the Rangers are leaving a lot of men on base this year so far. Stay away from him for now.

Tracy seems to have the best upside, Stewart is a known commodity on a team that uses him to manufacture runs (but he's really just a 2-tool player these days -- AVG and Runs Scored), and I'm not sure what to make of Francouer. I'm not sold on the solidity of the offense he's batting in.
bigdanabbott
2006-04-07 15:39:25 UTC
Depends on what you get points for and how many, but assuming a fairly typical setting, I'd choose Tracy and Wilkerson in that order. There really aren't too many scenarios where stewart would come out ahead as he hasn't been atolen base threat in five years. I really don't think much of Francoeur either. After a solid start last year he slumped showing poor plate discipline. Between Tracy and Wilkerson, Wilkerson should hit a few more home runs playing in Texas, but Tracy is a better overall hitter. If total hits or hits like doubles and triples earn points that will definitely be in Tracy's favor. Both give you multi position eligibility but again Tracy gets the edge as he should be eligible at third base within a week or so.
vin
2006-04-07 12:52:42 UTC
Stewart is having a better year so far then any of those other ones, but Chad Tracy is better off in the long run. He can play 1st and outfield.

If I were you I would get Tracy
thirdday_pirate
2006-04-07 17:24:11 UTC
I would say Tracy and Wilkerson. Wilkerson will be leading off for Texas and has very strong hitters behind him. Not to mention he is now playing in one of the most hitter friendly ballparks in the league, his numbers will definitely be better than in previous years.
matthew_bove
2006-04-07 17:34:47 UTC
Francouer
▪Ψ~ RZ ~Ψ▪
2006-04-07 21:43:12 UTC
Jeff Francouer. Had him last year for awhile at the end
redstox
2006-04-07 12:17:22 UTC
Stewart is off to a hot start so you may want to ride him while he is healty. Next I would go Tracy.
2006-04-07 10:30:45 UTC
stewart and wilkerson are tight i go after one of them i have both.
Brian
2006-04-07 10:25:13 UTC
Tracy, hands down. I would like him in any format.
yankees_rule168
2006-04-07 12:03:34 UTC
maybe shannon