Question:
Is NOMAR worth it? Already started before his 1st at bat. DL risk all year? People really had hope. Trade?
Rick
2006-04-04 10:14:58 UTC
I can't stand it. Already this starts. He waits all the way up to game time then decides he can't play. I could have started anyone else and done better. Hang in there? Or not?
Eight answers:
Brian
2006-04-04 13:18:47 UTC
The only good thing about Nomar is his eligibility at a couple infield positions. Next year, when he is only a first baseman, he will be practically worthless. As for this year, I think he will be a decent option in a league as deep as yours. But you do need to keep a daily watch on him to see if he has been hit with the injury bug again.

Don't just drop him, because he's certainly worth a starting spot when healthy. Just plan to have a backup for those times when he isn't. Trading him would be difficult right now, because everyone will be gun-shy about him. If he can get a solid month of healthy play, you might want to deal him before he breaks again.
woof6712
2006-04-05 13:12:16 UTC
You can have Nomar on your team, but just don't depend on him for any production. He's too much of an injury risk and his best years are behind him. Age has caught up with Nomar and he is no longer an everyday player.
2006-04-05 10:41:59 UTC
no way, i traded for nomar early in the year and before i could play him he went on the DL. drop nomar and forget all about him. hes a wasted roster spot.
highpriest12321
2006-04-04 17:25:29 UTC
I really don't think he's worth it. I mean the guy hasn't had a good (healthy) year since 2002. I wouldn't draft him very high, if at all. But some people still see him as a top 10 shortstop, so you might draft him and use him for trade bait.
mcw
2006-04-04 10:18:16 UTC
Nope, his upside is not huge anymore, so he's not worth wasting a roster spot on.

A good example to show your kids about why Steroids are bad.
coolesticeman2000
2006-04-07 21:16:25 UTC
Hang in there, but do this; if this guy comes back, and even gets back on the DL for a "hangnail", dump him and DO NOT LOOK BACK!!!
?
2006-04-04 13:09:57 UTC
I wouldn't have drafted him in the first place. And if it was an autopick thing, I would have dumped him immediately. Get rid of him.
polargrape
2006-04-06 04:56:55 UTC
Drop him like a bad habit