Question:
who is the best sleeper pick in fantasy baseball?
podublets
2006-04-11 23:37:33 UTC
who is the best sleeper pick in fantasy baseball?
Fourteen answers:
kkshnide05
2006-04-12 16:20:48 UTC
Before the season I would have said Chris Shelton of the Tigers, I was able to get him on both of my fantasy teams, but now the secret's out (6hr and 12rbi). Since I watch the Tigers all the time, I could give a pretty good case for starting pitcher Jeremy Bonderman. He's a guy you can pick up in the middle rounds and he'll give you first round numbers. He only had 14 wins last year, but he puts up a high number of strikeouts, he has an average ERA, and a low WHIP.

Outside the Tigers, I would say Audrey Huff of the Tampa Bay Devil Rays could be one of the top sleeper picks. His numbers were down last year after a season in which he hit 30hr and over 100rbi. He's off to a slow start again this year, but he's a guy with a lot of upside that you can probably get later in the draft.
frank3444
2006-04-12 06:44:24 UTC
If you are talking about teams, a lot of people like the Blue Jays in the AL and Peter Gammons likes the Brewers in the NL.

As far as fantasy players it depends on position but if you are looking for a 2nd baseman (which is a thin position anyways) I would go with Ian Kinsler of the Texas Rangers, he is a fantastic rookie batting above .400 right now with some definite power. He hit 22 in the minors last year
ajared77
2006-04-13 00:02:51 UTC
travis hafner really isnt a sleeper, but a good sleeper pick would have to be someone like jay gibbons or jd drew. people know about them but are not really big on them they both have 30 hr power and 80 rbis in them and gibbons plays in one of the best hitting ballparks in baseball. also ryan frell is a good all around player but he might be to big of a name. but you might still be able to snag him.
atanguay40
2006-04-12 13:47:02 UTC
CF Curtis Granderson of the Tigers
a13mant
2006-04-12 19:25:47 UTC
Vincent Padilla- pitcher w/ Rangers. Just did'nt fit w/ the Phillies. Think he is in a better environment in Texas and will flourish. I've seen his stuff in Philly and know if he gets everything together, will do really well
steaksammich
2006-04-12 16:28:46 UTC
one for each position...

Brian McCann

Chris Shelton

Ronnie Belliard

Mike Lowell (or Garrett Atkins if you consider him a sleeper)

JJ Hardy

Matt Holliday

Brandon Webb

Jose Valverde
juan
2006-04-13 00:05:29 UTC
If you are looking for a pitcher, you should check out Ervin Santana of The Angels. I have a lot of faith in him and a lot of people think he will do well this year.
▪Ψ~ RZ ~Ψ▪
2006-04-13 01:51:18 UTC
Matt Holiday!! I picked him up last year and he didn't great at the end of the season!
hairytoes11
2006-04-13 01:54:29 UTC
Shelton on detroit and reliever papelbon on red sox
thomasswent
2006-04-12 20:12:40 UTC
chris shelton he has 6 hrs in the whole season so far
Ges
2006-04-12 14:49:21 UTC
chris shelton for the detroit tigers
a_lofurno15
2006-04-12 18:48:41 UTC
joe blanton pf the Athletics.
Einstein
2006-04-12 12:23:44 UTC
if your talking about players...

Travis Hafner, he hit two homers in one game the other day :)
leinelodge
2006-04-12 18:21:11 UTC
jj hardy